Here are the top 12 best business books to help you grow your business. If you could read just one of these per month, the results you’ll see from acting on what you read would be quite significant. If you’re looking for a highly curated list of the best business books out there, give this list a test drive.
A great business leader, Peter Drucker, once said …
“Business has only two functions — marketing and innovation.”
I would add “productivity” as the third essential element to these practices that any serious entrepreneur should develop. So this list of the best business books is divided into these 3 key sections … innovation, marketing, and productivity.
The best business books on innovation
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Profit from the Core: A Return to Growth in Turbulent Times by Chris Zook
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
The best business books on marketing
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip and Dan Heath
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk! by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers by Seth Godin
The best business books on productivity
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal by Tony Schwartz
- Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less by Sam Carpenter
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
Enjoy reading these 12 best business books
They changed my life. I hope they help you on your journey. If you’re like me and short on free time as a busy parent and entrepreneur, consider the value of this curated diversified list. This is the list I wish someone had given me at the very start of my business journey. And if you haven’t seen it yet, get more great free resources inside the Entrepreneur’s Toolbox.